To Councillor Bob Stalker

English speaking topic, no strict rules here ...

To Councillor Bob Stalker

Postby kaczman » Fri, 19 June 2009, 23:49

Dear Councillor!

After series of shamefull spate of attacks on Romanian families I would like to remind you your comment You have made about racial tensions in south Belfast. Hopefully you would now reconsider your opinion after the terryfiing 'hate crimes' which lately hit the most volnurable people Polish, Hungarian and Romanian immigrant (to mention only last 3 months).

It's really disapointing for me that even UDA leader Mr McDonell was ready to offer a support for victims of racial attacks, when You in the similar situation had discussed about number of victims not seeing a tragedy of foreign nationals, who tried to settle in your electoral area. People silly bieliving that violence is a part of history only not a recent problem. Racism and sectarianism are still the main problem wich people like you should responsibly deal with.

BBC live channel - 17 April 2009 12:37 UK:
After
More than 40 foreign nationals have left their homes in Belfast following riots involving NI and Polish football fans, it has been claimed.

The Ulster Unionist councillor Bob Stoker said he believed the figure of 40 was "without evidence".

The Polish Association said a total of 46 people have left the Village and Albertbridge Road areas of south and east Belfast.

It said that at least five people had decided to leave Northern Ireland permanently.
What these sorts of claims do is detract from the good work that is being done to build better relations
Councillor Bob Stoker

"While I would obviously condemn attacks on people wherever they're from, I'm greatly concerned about people bandying figures like this about without any solid evidence.

"What these sorts of claims do is detract from the good work that is being done to build better relations with people from eastern Europe.

"And this is not only in recent weeks, but over the course of the last 18 months."

A police spokeswoman said patrols had been stepped up in parts of south and east Belfast in a bid to ease tensions.

Is the number of 114 + Upper Newtownards Road family high enough to start working with local people and stop discussing about accurancy of presented figures? Whenever we talk about 'hate crime' and crime generally even one case is too many and should be fully condemned.

Yours Sircenly

Kamil Kaczmarek
kaczman
Bywalec

Re: To Councillor Bob Stalker

Postby Arturo » Sat, 20 June 2009, 10:32

Proponuje ,zeby kazdy to wyslal do goscia z wlasnym podpisem.
Arturo
Guru Forum

Return to English speaking