English speaking topic - needed or not?

English speaking topic, no strict rules here ...

Is the English speaking topic needed here?

Total votes : 0

Postby Guest » Sat, 30 August 2008, 03:44

It is very hard to teach someone Polish language using forum. Polish grammar is very difficult to explain. You can memorize some Polish words, like those you already know.

Postby kasik_skand » Tue, 9 September 2008, 19:07

Aye wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Dlaczego?

Czy Pan ma uk klawiatury ci Dvorak? Też, jaki OS (Windows albo Mac) Pan ma?

Wlasnie dlatego,
to nie byc good polski :S

Well, Aye... and New friend, I guess you have just proved it would be nice to have one English-speaking forum for those whose Polish isn't ideal, but who would still like to take part in discussions :wink:
kasik_skand
Nowy na forum

Chcę nauczyciela

Postby New friend » Wed, 10 September 2008, 02:03

Czescz,

I'm just back from a short trip to Poland, which I enjoyed very much. So much so that I hope to go back again before Christmas to see the many things I missed.

Your country is beautiful and the people are so friendly. Before I went, I tried to learn a little Polish and I really think that helped open doors that English-only speakers couldn't open.

Some English people I met compained that they couldn't find people who would speak English to them, but I did not have that problem. People were happy to speak English to me if my Polish wasn't good enough!

Most times, it turned out my rubbish Polish was OK and I was so pleased to be able to speak to people in their own language. I do think they tried harder to understand me because I was making the effort.

I didn't use English in the hotel once and only got confused when people would try to engage me in a full conversation. That happened mostly when I was speaking to older people.

Anyway, I hope to go back to Małopolska in December, to see all the things I didn't have time to see first time around, so is there anyone who would be prepared to help me learn more Polish before I go?

I'd be happy to pay for lessons from a qualified teacher, or, alternatively, help improve your English in whatever way I could.

My standard at the moment is fairly basic: "Czy Kraków jest daleko?"; "Czego Pani chciłaba się napić?"; "Gdzie autobus do Warszawa?" and so on.

But I learn fast.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dziękuyę
New friend

Postby star4edy » Wed, 10 September 2008, 08:54

Awwww...... thats so lovely!

r u planning to learn more or go back to Poland and visit more or that was enough for u?

such a nice feedback! :)
star4edy
Guru Forum

Re: Chcę nauczyciela

Postby maycher » Thu, 11 September 2008, 07:35

New friend wrote:Małopolska Kraków chciłaba się napić Dziękuyę

Did you buy your PC/laptop in Poland? Or you live with Poles? ;)
maycher
Forumowy wymiatacz

Re: Chcę nauczyciela

Postby GeparD » Thu, 11 September 2008, 17:19

maycher wrote:
New friend wrote:Małopolska Kraków chciłaba się napić Dziękuyę

Did you buy your PC/laptop in Poland? Or you live with Poles? ;)

You don't have to by a laptop in Poland to have a polish keyboard layout.
GeparD
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri, 19 September 2008, 00:39

star4edy wrote:Awwww...... thats so lovely!

r u planning to learn more or go back to Poland and visit more or that was enough for u?

such a nice feedback! :)

Re: English speaking topic - needed or not?

Postby marcus911 » Wed, 1 August 2012, 11:39

Hi Guys,

Just joined the Forum. I think the English speaking topic is a good idea as it will help English speaking people who live in Northern Ireland communicate with Polish people to get a better understanding of the Polish culture.
I for one am married to a Polish girl, we have two lovely kids.. " Nice mix, the Irish and Slavic genes"
Both my children are bilingual as is my wife... me however :oops: not great at Polish but learning.

I am just back from Poland after a three week stay in Nysa. This was one of the first places I visited in Poland. Since then I have been to a great deal of Cities, Towns and even Villages and have always been made feel welcome. Actually, if you want a definition of a Polish person.. "they are the Irish of 30 years ago". Irish people travelled and settled the world over and people were the largest export. You'll find Irish people in every country in the world, I even met one in the middle of the rainforest in Borneo, how crazy is that? Apart from that, I love the way that Poland has managed to keep a lot of it's traditions, Christmas in Poland is by far a lot nicer than in Ireland or the UK. And don't forget the Polish Wedding, two to three days of celebrations, dancing, eating and drinking " ALL at the expense of the Bride and Grooms parents, in some cases even the Hotel is paid for, depending how far you have travelled. " ( Looking forward to my next invite) And then there is the Polish beer, now what can I say about, Tyskie, Lech, Okocim, Zywiec, Zubr, Debowe, Tatra - Just one word " Great" The food is good too, Pierogi, Kielbasa, Barcz, tooo much good food to mention... love it all, well apart from Flaczki - Bleuuch :?

Anyway guys, I think it is important to reach out to the natives in Northern Ireland, don't become an Island on an Island. There are plenty of nice thoughtful people out there who may be able to help you with various things. I'll add what I can to help, in the meantime nice to be onboard. ;)
marcus911
Nowy na forum

Postby kosmopolak » Thu, 11 September 2014, 08:47

Hi,
As you probably can see this part of the forum isn't very active. Were are you from? N. Ireland?
kosmopolak
Zadomowiony

Postby GeparD » Tue, 23 September 2014, 12:32

There is a way to get polish letters on UK keyboard. Just need to change keyboard layout in operating system you are using in your PC.
For example I am using Windows 8.1 at the moment with physical UK keyboard but I have installed polish layout as well and with a keys combination shift+lalt I can type polish letters: łóżźćęą. @ sign is where " is in english keyboard.
GeparD
Site Admin

Previous

Return to English speaking